Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 11, 2007

I just can't help myself

I just knitted up my first hat and I have to show it off:



It's a little hard to tell from the picture but it's made of the most yummy soft yarn ever, that changes in shade from light orange at the brim to darker red/orange at the top. It was pretty easy to make so I shouldn't be THAT proud of myself, but it's so damn cute, especially with the huge fluffball on top! It's for a friend's soon-to-be-born baby...I'm thinking if the fertility gods & goddesses are kind, they'll decide that I'm so generous and kind that I deserve to get pregnant.

You never know, right?

On a related note, if anyone is looking for something to occupy her time (i.e. keep you off the internet for a while) I strongly suggest knitting. Very cathartic -- and at the end, you have cute stuff to give away or better yet, keep for yourself. And all of my TTC/"fertility challenged" (thanks Carol, I like that way of thinking of it!) friends will be receiving a celebratory baby hat when they get preggo, I guarantee it. Who knows, maybe even one day I'll get to make a hat for my very own baby.

On an unrelated (but yet even more relevant) note, yesterday I watched a show on Discovery Health channel about couples undergoing IVF and I cried my eyes out when it didn't work out for some of them, and cried even harder when it did work for others. I was happy to find the show amidst the huge number of shows about happy people having happy babies, but don't watch it unless you have plenty of kleenex.

4 comments:

Meg said...

Ah... "Test Tube babies" right? I have fallen prey to that program on more than one occasion. Welcome to the blogosphere, Ava.

abby said...

Yes! And thanks for the welcome :)

Carol said...

very nice hat! I can't wait to get mine!

I haven't seen that tv show. When? where?

abby said...

Ok, the show I was watching is actually called "The Baby Lab" and it looks like it's a documentary about one clinic in St. Louis. I'm sure they'll run it again, just set the Tivo & get the kleenex out :)