Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

20 weeks 5 days

I'm feeling happy today.

Yesterday was our three year wedding anniversary, which we celebrated by going for a hike along a beautiful lake and dinner out. We talked a lot about how much has happened since our wedding...including remembering our last anniversary, which we celebrated in Mexico. We didn't yet know that I wasn't ovulating and spent a good portion of the time doing the horizontal hokey pokey and thinking that maybe we'd come back from our trip to the sight of a positive HPT. Ha.

But back to feeling happy -- and grateful. I'm so grateful for my wonderful husband, and for our relationship that continues to grow. I'm grateful for my amazing friends, my yoga teachers, and let's not forget my kickass therapist. I'm grateful for my parents, who are absolutely thrilled about the baby. I'm grateful for my fertility docs and IUI coordinator and all the doctors and scientists who first figured out how to help infertile people achieve pregnancy. And I'm grateful beyond belief for the little kickboxer in my tummy...I still can't believe how lucky I am that the IUI worked and that we're where we are today. I can honestly say that it feels like a miracle.

Some 20 week belly pics:







6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so glad things are going well for you and that you are filled with joy. Great belly shots! Thanks for sharing.

M said...

Awesome pictures! I would have loved to have seen your face-- but I understand.

Hopeful Mother said...

Happy anniversary! And great belly shots!

Carol said...

yeah! look at you! you look great!

happy anniversary - it sure doesn't seem like it's been three year!

Nickie said...

That is such a great belly!!! Love it!

Now, I couldn't see all of your hair, but I have to say, it's faboo too! If my hair goes even more wavy after this baby, I may have to request a full face shot (privately, of course) so I can replicate those lovely layers you seem to have going on.

Happy anniversary, sounds like you guys had a wonderful day.

Gemini Girl said...

Look how tiny you are! Your tummy is pg but nothing else is big! Dont we all wish for that?