Friday, December 22, 2006

Chronically late

One thing to know about me is that I am always running late. I just don't seem to have an accurate concept of time. I like to think that's because I'm so busy thinking about important things and solving world problems, but in reality it's because I get distracted easily. Like right now, I'm supposed to be wrapping Christmas presents and instead I'm roaming around on the Internet, reading infertility blogs.

So being that I'm always late, it's not surprising that my eggs seem to take longer than most people's to grow.

*sigh*

Had my CD12 u/s yesterday and unsurprisingly it's going to be a while before I ovulate. I have three growing follicles though (two 9mm and one 11mm), which is two more than I've had in the past, so I'm hoping at least a couple of those suckers pop out for their play date with G's swimmers. Knowing that each cycle there's a 25% chance of pgcy I was hoping that if two or three popped it would increase my chances to 50-75% but G kindly explained to the math dunce that I am that it doesn't work that way. Dammit, even MATH is against me!

In other (related) news, it looks like there's a strong possibility we'll be back to the horizontal hokey-pokey instead of IUI this cycle since the lab is going to be closed on the days that I'm probably going to ovulate. I of course think that means we have no chance in hell of conceiving this cycle but the doc says that's not the case. Guess we'll find out...

No comments: