Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Feeling better, looking...huge

The good news is that I'm feeling much better now that I'm on both Colace and Gas-X, both ok'd by my doc. No more constant pain, and I'm sleeping better.

The bad news is that the bloat is INSANE and doesn't seem to be going anywhere. My tummy is enormous, puffed out as far as it can go, and there's no doubt about it -- I look like I'm pregnant. Even G admits it, and he is usually terrified to tell me anything other than "you look skinny!"

It just feels hard because I am so. not. ready. to share this pregnancy thing with the world, because it's so early and I'm so not out of the woods yet...and yet my body isn't cooperating. Yet another lesson in how little control I have over this whole process, from the infertility part to this.

On the other hand, people gave up their seats on the subway for me twice this week, and I really am tired -- and if I wasn't looking like I swallowed a watermelon whole I'm sure they wouldn't have done that.

Crazy, this whole thing is crazy.

2 comments:

Nickie said...

so glad to hear that the colace & gas-x are helping. I, too, bloated up pretty quickly. Luckily, fashions right now have a lot of empire waist tops so you can sort of hide things a bit easier - for now. Just be glad it's still winter and you can wear bulkier stuff. If it were summer you'd be screwed! LOL

I wanna see a belly pic!

Unknown said...

Im so glad you're feeling better! And can I just say LUCKY YOU that you didn't have to go through all this IVF stuff? Believe me it's not cheap! Anyhow, congratulations and thanks for commenting on my blog! :)